Thursday, January 31, 2008

Goodbye My Darling Baby


My wee dog deteriorated quickly starting yesterday morning.

She slept with me and I with her all night. I held her and later she had settled into her favourite position: wrapped around the top of my head.

This morning she was no better.

She couldn't hold anything down, not even water.

Food held no interest for her, not even treats.

She continually shook, only stopping for short instances while I held her to my heart and stroked her back, her ears and under her chin.

This morning I took her to the vet and I held her until she was gone.

She was so peaceful. It was the right thing to do.

But I miss her, my heart aches, and I can't believe my girl is gone.

7 comments:

beau said...

I've just read this dear J.

Feel the love and support of all your friends.

I'm so sorry.

B xxxx

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry, January!

May peace wrap itself around your heart.

H

crystalline said...

i am so sorry to read of your loss.

crystalline

Anonymous said...

my deepest condolences. may your heart heal soon.

comefromaway

Anonymous said...

my deepest condolences. may your heart heal soon.

comefromaway

Kes said...

It is never easy to lose family, whether they be fur or flesh. I hope that it gives you some peace to have held her as she made her transition. She will always be there in your heart, in your memories. I wish you peace and comfort in your sorrow.

Pixiepie said...

oh no. sending love and hugs to you though i know nothing will ease your pain. let yourself mourn...i am so sorry.